School Cloud Systems is a multi-award winning SaaS company improving parental engagement at over 3,000 schools worldwide. We provide solutions for managing parents’ evenings, after-school clubs & resource scheduling, which are used by over a million end-users.
We’re looking for full-stack developers of all experience levels who are genuinely passionate about developing great software. You’ll be primarily developing with .NET Core, React, TypeScript, Sass, EF Core & SQL Server. You can expect to develop intuitive user experiences & API methods for new features, dive deep into complex customer-facing issues, and help architect & build new products.
The development team is the heart of the company and deliver remarkable results considering its size. You’re joining talented individuals who strive for code quality, use new technologies, learn from each-other, and are masters of their craft. We proudly show-off what we’ve built to the wider company at the end of every two week sprint, where the open culture of putting the customer first sparks cross-team conversations.
We believe a great workspace makes for a happy team. You'll be kitted out with a sit/stand desk, top of the range chair, powerful computer, and multiple monitors. A bean-to-cup coffee machine, instant boiling/chilled water on tap, and fresh fruit provide refreshments throughout the day.
- Either 3 years of industry experience -OR- Computing Science degree
- Experience with .NET MVC building web-applications
- Experience with React or another front-end framework (e.g. Angular, Ember, Vue, Backbone)
- Promote best-practices to build stable, high performing web-applications
- Quick to pick up new technologies and passionate about development
- Deep understanding of OO design principles
- Keen eye for detail and believer in testing to ensure high quality code
Our Stack & Processes
- .NET Core, .NET 4.6, MVC 5, RabbitMQ, EF6, EF Core, Dapper, SQL Server 2017
- React, Redux, TypeScript, ES6, Saas
- Jest, xUnit, Retrace, New Relic
- Visual Studio 2017, ReSharper, Git, Visual Studio Team Services with CI/CD
- Scrum (2-week sprints), Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Grooming, Sprint Review
Position & Benefits
Although the role is full-time, we believe in a great work/life balance and hence stick to a 36.25 hour working week. In addition to a competitive salary & pension, you’ll receive 31 days annual leave and have the option of flexible working around the core hours of 09:30 - 15:45.
There’s time to learn new skills and paid attendance to developer conferences. Get to know your colleagues with regular events organised by the social committee. Keep fit by cycling to work with our cycle scheme. Refuel with fresh fruit, snacks, a bean-to-cup coffee machine.
School Cloud Systems is a an established SaaS company founded in 2006 who provide market-leading products to schools & businesses worldwide. We’re well-known in the EdTech industry with a reputation for high quality products and exemplary customer service. Customers love using our products, hence we enjoy a very high renewal rate of annual licences, making this a stable company to work for.
Located close to Glasgow Green, there are excellent transport links with regular bus services and a train station within a 4 minute walk away. There’s free car parking in the surrounding area, along-with cafes and shops for lunch options. WEST & Drygate have been visited by the team on more than one occasion.
We’re winners of Best Performing Business at the Glasgow Business Awards 2017 and twice winner of ICT Company of the Year at the most prestigious EdTech awards, the Bett Awards, in 2014 & 2017.